Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Hillary

Well, what better way to start my blog up again than by talking about Hillary Clinton. To preface this, I am not a supporter of Hillary. I don't think that she is what our country needs at this point in time. This could just be youthful idealism, but I think we need someone who will unite rather than divide, lift up rather than shoot down and it seems as if Ms. Clinton is far too politicized to play this role. I want to support the person who does fulfill this role be they republican or democrat.
That said, I don't understand what the deal is with Hillary. Why does the very mention of her name drive people up walls and inspire rage and disgust that I have yet to see in my young life. Not to mention the horrible jokes and the email going around about all of the people that have died that were close to the Clinton's. If you haven't seen this e-mail, it gives a list of people who have died and the underlying theme is that the Clinton's had them knocked off. Honestly? You might have your tifts with the Clinton family, but I hardly feel like they are mafiosos sending out hits on political enemies. The jokes are the worst. They are usually lame and overdone and there have been so many times in a class when someone thinks adding "...JUST LIKE HILLARY" to something will add the perfect comedic element to a discussion.
It just seems like a waste of time when there are really good discussions to be had as it gets closer to primary time and the (i feel) really exciting field of candidates narrows down.

Soundtrack for the Day- Searching for the Wrong-Eyed Jesus Soundtrack

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home